Definition of marketing funnel: what it is and what it means
The marketing funnel is a system that channels traffic into a funnel-like buying process. Consumers are attracted, leads are created and finally customers are to purchase. The funnel is therefore a way to accompany the consumer by the hand towards the conversion.
In the image you are about to see, you will find the classic funnel in the pyramid, on the left a simplification by avinash kaushik and on the right the association with google analytics, the marketing analysis tool. If performance indicators also follow the funnel, if google analytics does, why is marketing still more than 10 years behind?
The diagram of the online or digital marketing funnel of the sales market
- Awareness : concerns the customer’s awareness of being able to satisfy his need with a specific product;
- Familiarity : consists in the ability of a product to be Afghanistan Mobile Number List among a range of possibilities on the market;
- Consideration : it is the phase in which the consumer is towards a product, seeks information on the intrinsic and extrinsic characteristics and possibly compares them with other products, as well as buying the price;
- Purchase : it is the phase that is completed with the purchase,the goal that every company sets itself, it is the “goal” that every attacker wants to score.
- Loyalty : represents the loyalty that the customer shows to the product he has bought, if the latter does not betray his expectations. It’s not just about the characteristics of the good/service, but also about after-sales activities, such as assistance service.
- TOFU (Top of the Funnel): the upper part of the funnel that deals with letting customers enter and therefore the acquisition, also upper funnel
- MOFU (Middle of the Funnel): the part in the middle of the funnel that deals with interacting with users and keeping them active, also called middle funnel
- BOFU (Bottom of the Funnel): the final part of marketing that deals with conversion and therefore basically called performance campaigns. – also called lower funnel
Historical notes: the AIDA Model and AIDAS
the original formula is from the early 1900s and is Aida, then it was revived in the golden years of advertising in which Hopkins’ scientific advertising was going. In fact, from AIDA we then move on to AIDAS, adding the part of customer satisfaction in order to get them back on the funnel path.
- Attention (Attention or Awareness). Clearly the better we are at creating the famous WOW effect the more attention we will capture of consumers. , in this phase, consumers are not looking for us, they are just browsing the web,
- Interest . Marketing must ignite consumer interest Cryp Email List and must contain elements that inspire trust, professionalism and safety.
- Desire (Desire). Marketing must trigger the process of creating desire by the consumer: In this case the consumer empathy or to see himself in the shoes of a similar buyer.
- Action . Marketing must lead to action,the achievement of the goal for which our company exists whether it is a purchase or a lead.
- Satisfaction : marketing must include in the process the loyalty that arises from the satisfaction of the entire purchasing process. Only in this way can the funnel beon the same consumers.
Types of funnels: kotler schemes